FAR FUNG PLACES LLC
OVER THE PAST two-and-a-half decades we’ve been marketing our own brand of travel programs to Bhutan for one reason. Without intending any disrespect to Bhutan’s travel agencies, we offer opportunities to learn more about Bhutanese culture and art than the standard tariff program is set up to provide.
Our most popular programs in Bhutan:
What we offer:
Over twenty five years of traveling to Bhutan. We pioneered Eastern Bhutan by researching this unique and isolated part of the country in 1997.
• Bhutanese guest lecturers, who offer talks on their specialized fields so that the traveler has a deeper understanding of the cultural, artistic, and religious complexities that are vastly different from ours.
• Bhutanese tour directors of distinction, who have been trained in our style of service. We respect their leadership as well as their in-depth knowledge, and we compensate them more for their valuable services.
• Personal encounters with locals in their homes (always compensating the family for their time and for preparing any meals).
• Deluxe four and five-star hotels in Thimphu, Paro, Punakha, and Bumthang. These include but are not limited to Zhiwa Ling in Paro, Le Meridien or Druk Hotel or similar in Thimphu, Kunzangzhing or similar in Punakha, Jakar Lodge in Bumthang, and Ogyen Choling Manor in Tang Valley. The only towns where we use standard three-star accommodations are Trongsa, where there are no deluxe hotels, or Gantey, where there are only a limited number of upmarket hotels.
• Wines with many meals in Bhutan.
• An optional home stay with our field manager in Paro (pending 2021).
• A private dance and musical performance with traditional instruments with a renowned musicologist if he is in residence.
• Far Fung Places handles everything: deposits and final payments (optional credit card services), pre-trip information to prepare you for the journey: what to take and what to leave at home, shopping suggestions, and guidelines for etiquette in a Buddhist country so that in your demeanor and dress, you honor the traditions of the country.
• Financial protection: All deposits and payments go into a trust account at Wells Fargo Bank, San Francisco, California, so your money is protected.
Our programs typically cost anywhere from $450 per person per day, and less on our 14 night journeys across Bhutan. Contact us for more information.
Custom designed programs:
Contact Far Fung Places www.farfungplaces.com