Far Fung Places goes beyond the minimum "three star package" to elevate the service and quality of your travel experience. For over 25 years Far Fung Places has marketed its own programs to Bhutan offering travelers four and five accommodations, distinguished Bhutanese guides, lecturers, and 'stand out' experiences made possible through our long-standing friends and contacts in the Kingdom. What you can expect on our journeys:
Bhutanese "guides of distinction":
Our Bhutanese guides are considered distinguished in the field. Karchung, our Field Manager in Bhutan and leader of many of our programs, has been working with us for over 25 years.
We pay our guides more than the standard guide fees because we appreciate and value their excellent service.
Distinguished guest lecturers in Bhutan, all personal friends of the principals of Far Fung Places, offer insights into their areas of expertise which could be: Mahayana Buddhism for the western mind: The geology of Bhutan; The social history of women in Bhutanese society: Gross National Happiness; The architecture and art of Bhutan; The meaning of the dances and the costumes they wear.
A private musical performance with traditional instruments with a renowned musicologist if he is in residence.
Some of the deluxe amenities we offer:
- Deluxe four-star and five-star hotels, including the Le Meridien in Thimphu, the Zhiwaling in Paro, the Kunzhangzhing in Punakha, and the Jakar Lodge in Bumthang. Most of these hotels are Bhutanese owned and managed so we support the local community. (We use three-star accommodations in Trongsa, where deluxe hotels are less available.)
- Wines with many meals in Bhutan.
- Gratuities to the hotels, restaurants, and porters excluding the driver and the guide.
- Comfortable vehicles: a coach for groups of six or more; a van for three to five people, and a car for two people.
- It is also possible to arrange a home stay with our field manager in Trongsa (limited to two people).
Far Fung Places handles everything:
- Deposits and final payments (optional credit card services)
- Pre-trip information to prepare you for the journey
- Lists of what to take and what to leave at home
- Shopping suggestions
- Guidelines for etiquette in a Buddhist country
- We also provide financial protection: All deposits and payments go into an escrow account at Wells Fargo Bank, San Francisco, California so your money is protected.
eor our connoisseur programs (1
And much more: erson, sharing with these in
- 4 and 5 star hotels
- All meals and wine included with some dinners
- Bhutanese lecturers
- Private Bhutanese musical performance with a renowned musicologist
- Distinguished guide
- Driver and a comfortable coach
- Taxes (the royal tourist tariff)
- Visa and processing for Bhutan
- Pre-trip information and assistance
Airfares to and from Bhutan are extra and typically average $850 roundtrip from Bangkok.
Custom designed programs:
Private programs traveling with Karchung, our Field Manager in Bhutan, can be arranged through Far Fung Places. Prices are on request.